Terms of Service
This Terms of Service ("Agreement") is a legally binding contract between HostX.ng ("HostX") and you ("Customer," 'you' or 'your') that shall govern the purchase and use, in any manner, of the services provided by HostX to Customer (collectively, the "Services").
By purchasing and/or using the Services in any manner, you represent that you have read, understand, and agree to all terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, and that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and have the legal ability to engage in a contract business.
HostX will make every effort to ensure domain names are registered, transferred, and/or renewed on time. If a domain name registration, renewal, or transfer is not processed when due, it is your responsibility to contact HostX within fourty-eight (48) hours of the incident for HostX to investigate. Redemption fees may be charged to Customer for domains that remain expired for more than thirty (30) days. HostX's liability is limited to the amount paid for the domain name.
Immediately after the expiration of the term of a domain name's registration services and before deletion of the domain name in the applicable registry's database, you acknowledge that HostX may direct the domain name to name servers and IP address(es) designated by HostX, including, without limitation, to no IP address or to IP address(es) which host a parking page and/or a commercial search engine that may display advertisements. You acknowledge that HostX may either leave your WHOIS information intact or that HostX may change the contact information in the WHOIS output for the expired domain name so that you are no longer the listed registrant of the expired domain name.
For a period of approximately thirty (30) days after expiration of the term of domain name registration services, you acknowledge that HostX may provide a procedure by which expired domain name registration services may be renewed. You acknowledge and agree that HostX may, but is not obligated to, offer this process, called the "reactivation period." You acknowledge that you assume all risks and all consequences if you wait until close to or after the expiration of the original term of domain name registration services to attempt to renew the domain name registration services. You acknowledge that HostX, for any reason and in its sole discretion, may choose not to offer a reactivation period and that HostX shall not be liable therefore. You acknowledge that reactivation period renewal processes, if any, may involve additional fees which HostX may determine at its discretion. You acknowledge and agree that HostX may make expired domain name services(s) available to third parties, that HostX may auction off the rights to expired domain name services (the auction beginning near the end or after the end of the reactivation period), and/or that expired domain name registration services may be re-registered to any party at any time.
You shall use HostX's hosting and related services only for lawful purposes. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data, or material in violation of the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria or the United States is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material that is threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secrets or other statutes. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless HosTX from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages you or any other party.
HostX reserves the right to terminate Services for any customer or End User activity that exposes it to legal liability or endangers its ability to provide services to other customers. The contents, links, or actions on any Services listed below are a violation of this Agreement. This is not an exhaustive list, but is designed to assist you in evaluating whether HostX is the appropriate service provider for you:
1. Pornography - Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Pornography and adult related materials like enhancement pills etc.
2. Copyright Infringement - Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Copyright Infringed Materials
3. CPU/Memory/Resource Abuse - Consuming Excessive Amount of Server Resources Causing Server Performance Issues
4. DoS Source - Source of Denial of Service Attack
5. DoS Target - Target of Denial of Service Attack
6. Forgery - Faking an IP Address, Hostname, E-Mail Address, or Header
7. Fraud Site - Hosting or Linking to a Website Intended to Deceive the Public
8. HYIP - Hosting or Linking to a High Yield Investment Program Website
9. Identity Theft - Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Stolen Account Identification Information
10. Infection - Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Exploits, Trojans, Viruses, or Worms
11. IRC - Hosting Internet Relay Chat Server not authorized by GigaLayer
12. Mass Storage - Storing Mass Amounts of Backups, Archives, Videos, etc.
13. Phishing - Identity Theft by Email Under False Pretense
14. Proxy Site - Hosting of or linking to an Anonymous Proxy Server
15. Spam Email - Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) or Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE)
16. Spam List - Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Email Address Lists for Spam
17. Spam Site - A Site Advertised by Spam Email or Spam Web
18. Spam Ware - Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Software Designed for Spamming
19. Spam Web - Unsolicited, Bulk, or Forged Site Advertisement in Web Logs, Forums, or Guestbooks
20. Spamhaus - Spam Causing Blacklisting of an IP at www.spamhaus.org for Malicious Activity
21. Terrorist Site - Hosting or Linking to a Site Advocating Terrorism
22. Toolz - Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Tools or Instructional Material on Hacking/Cracking or Other Illegal Activity
23. Trademark - Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Trademark Infringed Materials
24. Warez - Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Crackz, Hackz, KeyGenz, Serialz, or Pirated Software
25. Any other material HostX judges to be threatening or obscene.
HostX offers no refunds on setup fees, domain registrations, domain transfers, domain renewals, SSL certificates, dedicated IP addresses, advanced support fees, processing fees, payment gateway fees, or software licenses including web hostinng fees.
If you believe there is an error in HostX's billing, you must contact HostX about it, in writing, within seven (7) days of the date you are billed or charged. HostX's obligation to consider your claim is continghoent on your providing it with sufficient facts for HostX to investigate your claims. You waive your right to dispute any charges or fees if you fail to notify HostX in writing or meet the deadline set out above. If HostX finds that your claim is valid, HostX agrees to credit your account on your next billing date. Third party fees are not subject to this dispute provision and are final.
If HostX receives a chargeback or payment dispute from a credit card or debit card company, bank, or other payment gateways, your Services may be suspended without notice. A 5,000 NGN chargeback fee plus any outstanding balances accrued as a result of the chargeback(s), must be paid in full before service is restored. Instead of issuing a chargeback, please contact HostX's support team to address any billing issues.
If HostX appeals a chargeback or other payment dispute and wins the dispute or appeal, the funds will likely be returned to HostX by the credit card or debit card company or bank. Any double payment resulting from this process will be applied to Customer's account in the form of a service credit.
You may cancell any service at any time, however HostX will not provide any refund on cancelled service or credits.
HostX will provide technical support to you twenty-four (24) hours a day, three-hundred-sixty-five (365) days a year. The only official method for technical support is via HostX's help desk at http://my.hostx.ng. Live chat support are not official methods of support and are governed by the terms and conditions set forth in the following clause.
Limited support will be provided, at HostX's discretion and subject to availability of staff, via telephone and/or live chat. HostX will always do its best to provide fast, friendly, and helpful support over the telephone and live chat, but these options are not official methods of support and no guarantee is made as to the availability, accessibility, or technical expertise provided via these mediums.
Inquires via live chat support should be limited to general questions which do not require access to any account or server to investigate or resolve and should not be used to request the status of or provide updates to a help desk ticket. Any issue requiring investigation, research, or access to an account/server should be sent via the help desk. HostX reserves the right to direct any issue to the help desk at its discretion and to refuse to provide support for such issues via telephone or live chat.